Some of you have that have been hanging around these parts for a long time may remember the last time PlannerWire moved platforms. Back in the early days, PlannerWire was hosted on Blogger and then on TypePad and things were good and rocking along but we figured we were getting all growed up and needed to be on our own platform so we packed up all of our posts and moved on over here to the WordPress where we have been for the better part of six years.
How time flies. Here we are nearing the end of
2016 January and it is time to move again. This time, we are not moving platforms, just the address.
PlannerWire needs to be what it is and that is our company blog. For years I have been doing this weird double life thing. I post on PlannerWire and plan cool conferences and events over here at i3events and the two never cross paths. Essentially, I have totally been ignoring my own content marketing advice and it is just getting too hard. When the event and conference planning is really busy, poor, poor Plannerwire gets neglected. No more I say, no more.
There is no reason why PlannerWire can’t remain PlannerWire while it actually lives where I work and spend 98% of my time.
The Administrative Stuff
So – PlannerWire is undergoing some changes that I am excited about. Relax, nothing major for those of you that subscribe to the newsletter or feed. You will still get posts in your inbox as normal… But we do have some cool surprises up our sleeves so buckle up buttercup, things is about to get a little crazy up in here!
- PlannerWire is now Plannerwire. The 2000s are over, time to drop the capital letter in the middle of the word.
- Plannerwire’s (see how I did that!) new home is here at i3events.com/plannerwire. Bookmark that sucker or add it to Feedly or your RSS reader of choice.
- All of our old posts will be moving for good sometime soon. Once that happens, plannerwire.net will redirect. We can do that. We have the power. We are professionals… at least that’s what we tell our moms
The Cool Stuff
We have been working really hard over the past few months to get this site ready. “What is new and cool” you ask?
- We are in the process of taking all of our industry knowledge and putting it into a really cool directory that any conference planner can use. These are products and services that we know or that come recommended by our clients and colleagues. Check it out here, it grows in spurts every week or so. This is our labor of love from one set of event professionals to those that plan and organize conferences and events. On top of the 300 or so listings, we have about 500 more in the queue with a slew of new categories that are yet to come online.
- We are launching two new WordPress plugins for events and conferences. One is free, one not so much. The first one is for collecting speaker abstracts and arranging them into an online conference schedule that you won’t hate and the other is for collecting sponsorships and sponsor dollars in a way that makes sense for associations with small budgets. If you want to be a beta-tester, email email@example.com and we can talk…They are about 95% ready to go.
- We have a couple of new writers. New blood is good.
- Old is new again. I miss writing about destinations, hotels, and the art of planning so we are putting those posts back in the mix as they have been absent for a long time. I will be honest, tech is really easy for me to write about and although the content has been good, it feels like I have been slacking. We have something on the Radisson Blu in Chicago and a cool little joint down Mexico way already, and I am putting the finishing touches on a post for my friends at the Hilton Los Cabos.
- Meeting Planner Music Club is coming back. Weekly musical posts were one of my favorites and I miss the hunt for new and old tunes. Not sure what form it will take yet, but rest assured, music we will have.
One last thing. We done got a new logo!
That is all. Plan good stuff my friends, plan good stuff, I leave you here with a little David Bowie because, duh, Music Club.